Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just Stuff

Mom's first cataract surgery is scheduled for mid February with the second one following about three weeks later. She should be all fixed up before James and I head to Minnesota for our oldest son's wedding at the end of April. It will be several weeks of daily eye drops starting a few days before the first surgery and continuing on into the recovery process. I can do this. I have done it before and I got to be pretty good at administering eye drops. Still, I am somehow not looking forward to the process. I am, however, looking forward to the end result.

We had spring in upstate NY yesterday. Temper- ature records were shattered, 98% of accumulated snow and ice melted, and it was downright balmy. (I can actually walk down the driveway without fear of losing my footing. The ice is gone.) We knew the warm weather couldn't last. A cold front is blowing in once more bringing ferocious winds and temperatures promising to plummet us back into winter.

These two photos were taken about 20 minutes apart. The morning sun, des- perately trying to shine, was rendered unsuccessful when the storm clouds moved in. With the dark, gloomy, atmosphere and the winds whipping about the house, it will be a good day for a nice, long, afternoon nap. Or maybe a morning one. ;)

4 comments:

  1. You mean you had balmy spring weather yesterday while we had freezing rain and howling wind? haha. Today we still have that wind and snow! Brrr. I'm so glad to have another day to stay home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all headed this way, Betsy. You just have the blessing of getting it first. haha

      I'm glad most of my running around with Mom is done for the week.

      Delete
  2. Oh I do appreciate my Sunny California weather when I see you gals freezing...

    Martha, I am doing the nighly eyedrops now. I had to find a way not to forget, so I put a note on my hearing aid case that says "Eye drops" since the last thing I do before bed is take my HA out. Since I did that...I don't forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be up to me to remember for Mom. I can add it to her list of medications and that will help us remember. The bad side is she won't be able to do it herself and sometimes puts herself to bed before I come home in the evening (if I should chance to venture out).

      Delete