Friday, January 11, 2013

Potties, Puddles, and Pee

She's almost three, just a few days shy. We've decided she's plenty smart enough, the real question is, will she cooperate?

It's been three days. She has one sticker on the Potty Chart. Score: one for the potty, nine for the pants. We've added MnM's to the incentive list; pretty new underpants, lots of cheers, stickers, and now MnM's. She's one of the most stubborn children I've ever had the privilege to know, and smart as a whip.

I'm pretty sure she can be persuaded, but I am uncertain as to how best to accomplish this feat. (Ideas are welcome.) I'm hoping there is some success over the weekend and perhaps she will arrive on Monday morning miraculously trained, but I know that is not likely, not unless she suddenly decides being grown up is pretty cool after all.

PS. This small child pictured is not the one in question, but another darling probably too long forgotten as she sat on her potty. It must have been nap time or something.

8 comments:

  1. Why not combine the two...HaHa.. She sure looks peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little girl in that picture! :)

    Good luck with the potty training. I would think the M&M's would help. :9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha,I suggest that you stop rewarding her until she is trained. I suggest that you find something she really wants, a new dress, going somewhere, etc. Ask her if she really wants it. If yes, tell her you will buy it for her if she goes potty for one/half a day. Start with stuff that's not to expensive. Then build up to 2 or 3 days. By then, offer once a week!If you need more advice, let me know. Papa Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consistency is key with training and since she is not my child, I can't offer her much.

      Delete
  4. I guess we will be facing this shortly with our own wee Vivian...
    I remember training my kids...
    My first was brutal, but the other 2 very easy...I guess it was me!!!! Got more relaxed with them...My reward of choice was a small bowl of Cheerios...and we always read a book as well...
    Good luck...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From birth to age 12 (my only frame of reference) I find potty training the hardest skill/task/what-have-you to teach. I'm glad you get weekends off from it. ;)

    p.s. - great potty chair. LOL.

    ReplyDelete