Friday, September 24, 2010

My Boy's Birthday

Twenty-nine years ago I became mom to a beautiful 6 pound 12 ounce baby boy. It was a little hard to believe they were actually going to let me take the tiny child home from the hospital. It seemed an awesome responsibility and it was. I learned quickly how to take care of a baby and fell head over heels in love. Today my boy celebrates another birthday far from home. I pray he has a wonderful day, enjoys some apple pie, and thinks of his mom for at least a moment or two.

Happy Birthday, Jim! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Great picture, Martha! I had a great picture for my post, too, but didn't scan it in, so it is just me looking at it while it sits on my dining room table;-) Happy Birthday to Jimmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes great pic! Boy are you young in that picture-- and so adorable! ;) Happy Birthday Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...our babies...our loves! Happy birthday, Jim!

    ReplyDelete