Thursday, September 09, 2010

Off and Running

School started this week. I am far from settled into a schedule, but I'm working on it. One can only do so much when dealing with others...

We had 5 "flowers" on Tuesday; Bella, Ivy, Andrew, Lucas, and Simon. The girls each had a visit with their pre-kindergarten class; one in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

On Wednesday I had 5 "flowers." Ivy and Emma got on the morning pre-kindergarten bus which is actually the regular elementary school bus. It was the first day and I failed the bus safety test... Didn't wait for the driver's okay to cross the road. (There weren't any cars coming...) I wasn't even sure it was their bus... I'm just the "gardener."

Once the girls were gone, I tended a "garden" of 3; Andrew, Lucas, and Simon. Both pre-kindergarten buses stopped here around 12:30 pm. The first was the one Bella should be boarding on Tuesdays and Thursdays but will likely rarely catch. The driver saw me walking down the driveway, thought I wanted to talk to him, and stopped. I thought it was the bus dropping off Ivy and Emma... I can't tell which is which when they're coming down the road so when the girls didn't get off, I climbed on to see why.... I found out. There was some confusion about naps and lunches too, but everyone got fed and the sleepy ones finally slept. Well, every sleepy one but me... I went to bed early.

Just 3 "flowers" today. No Bella after all... Do I look surprised? While 2 of my "flowers" were at school, Hannah and I took 1 "flower" out to the bank and store. He slept in the van with Hannah while I was in Wegman's and on the way home as well. Bella's bus stopped to pick her up around 12:30 pm. (I thought it was the returning "flowers" again...) and I had to tell him she was not here. When the other "flowers" returned, we ate some lunch, read a story, and are now having some quiet rest time. One "flower" is still awake. She probably hears my keyboard... Then again, after a long summer of no naps, she may never feel the need for an afternoon snooze again.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I had to laugh when you got on the bus to "talk" to the bus driver. Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, maybe you should home school them also...save the confusion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already don't know why people want to send their 3 and 4 year olds to school. No sooner do they get big enough to have some fun with then we send them off for someone else to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Martha, that all sounded so confusing to me! Of course, I am also the mother who got her Davin ready for school today and then found out school was closed for the Jewish holiday;-) I guess I am easily confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr.Cooley, the school psychologist aka Papa and I feel the same way, they need to be home until 5 or 6 learning basic values and bonding and personality developing and hugged and loved and given lots of self confidence ... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree too. I did send mine to preschool, but it was only twice a week for about 2 hours. I would never have sent them on a bus. I took them myself and besides, it was a Christian preschool at my church. I knew all the teachers personally and they were wonderful Christian women.

    All three of my kids looked forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is quiet here after the girls get on the bus...

    ReplyDelete