Monday, September 27, 2010

Busy Day in the Garden

All is quiet in the "garden" now but we did have a busy morning. While waiting for the bus, one dear little "flower" suddenly had to go potty. She couldn't wait so the bus had to, but only for a minute. No sooner had I spoken to the driver then she came running back down the driveway followed by Sofie.

Mid morning the house filled up with small boys. We played cars, Beanie Babies, and Duplos, ate graham crackers and Cheerios, and listened to a little bluegrass. There was a little bit of grabbing, some loud squeals, and a tear or two. We changed some diapers, washed some faces, and passed out plenty of hugs and kisses. There were no bleeding lips or bruised noggins today...

The girls appeared out of nowhere. They came smiling through the back door just as I was thinking it was time to watch for the bus. There was time for them to eat lunch and play before we settled down to read a couple of stories. Now three little boys have gone home and two little girls are snuggled up on the couches taking a snooze.

The house, dark and quiet aside from the hum of my clothes dryer, smells of simmering chili and applesauce cake. I have a load of laundry waiting to be folded and I think I just might make it to the nursing home tonight. A busy day, but it feels good.

4 comments:

  1. You have had a busy day in the garden!!

    I was thinking applesauce cake when you mentioned you had applesauce up to your eyebrows.

    A cup of it might just be good in my banana bread recipe! Hummmm!

    Those little boys are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon is really changing...he doesn't look as much like Lucas anymore. (was that him in the swing?)
    Good to hear that your day was good (no headache).
    How's that chrysalis (sp?) doing?
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. chili and applesauce cake? I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, I don't know what else to do with this batch of applesauce. I may be making a lot of cake.

    Pam, Simon doesn't look so much like Lucas anymore. I think he looks like Leta's cousin Patrick.

    The chrysalis? I don't know. I'll have to check again tomorrow. Maybe it came out and took off while I wasn't looking.

    We'll set a place for you Betsy.

    ReplyDelete