Friday, September 24, 2010

Bob Frapplez

It has been a busy week and I am ready to sleep in a little tomorrow morning. This afternoon my neighbor brought over two bushels of apples. They're Macintosh drops, "good for making applesauce" he says. I thought they looked good for making cider but since we no longer have a means to grind the apples, we started the job of washing, peeling, cutting, and cooking. There is now a big, bubbling pot of applesauce on the stove. It took a half bushel of apples. Looks like I will be washing, peeling, cutting, and cooking tomorrow too... maybe.

It was a summer day in September, about 90 degrees. Felt like July.

2 comments:

  1. I think I could smell that Applesauce!

    Do you ever stop....busy little bee with all your wonderful homemade goodies.

    Hope you can sleep in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!! Homemade applesauce is so good!

    ReplyDelete