Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apples to Apples

It is pie making season; apple pies and pumpkin pies. Today is not a good orchard walking day and therefore I am considering a trip to the farm market down the road. I need a box of apples... or maybe two, and Brownell's on Lake Rd is where I typically go. Once in a while I gather a few from the orchard behind my house but not boxes full.

It is forecast to rain all day. Whoever is manning the farm stand would probably enjoy a visit and my family always enjoys fresh apples and baked goods. My "flowers" like them too, except for Andrew who refuses to eat apple pieces. One day I bet he'll decide he likes them too.

3 comments:

  1. Yumm...Apple Pie.

    I bought some bad apples the other day...over have of them were dark inside.. took them back today and got a refund.

    First time that's ever happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who ever heard of a kid refusing to eat apple pieces?....weeeird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 20 oz's waiting to bake in pies:-)Probably this weekend...Mmmmmmm!
    My boys would not eat apples when they were little either.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete