Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Busy Week and Pie in a Jar

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is Friday. Where did the week go? Tuesday afternoon my friend Pam came over and we had a most wonderful visit. The day was bright and sunny, perfect for sitting on the back porch. She brought me some coffee from Dunkin Donuts, something sweet, creamy, and vanilla. It was yummy.

Yesterday I tended of "garden" of six. One "grandflower" again refused a nap, but the others slept in spite of his fussing. Wednesdays are the busy day of the week making Thursday and Friday a breeze. We went grocery shopping this morning and this afternoon I took three little ones for a walk in the orchard across the street. They thought it was great!

Tonight I made an apple pie. It's still waiting in the kitchen. Wait until James finds out we don't have any ice cream... I am waiting to find out about the Pies in a Jar I sent to Jim. They arrived safely but he hasn't tried them yet. I should have had a photo of the packing job. You would laugh; plastic grocery bags, rolled up cardboard box, and empty water bottles. If they are successful I will be shipping out a few more.

2 comments:

  1. Lucas again? little imp:-)
    The visit was VERY nice & we definitely need to do it again...SOON!
    I can't wait to hear about those pies in a jar...can't be that bad...even if they are a bit soggy,I bet they are scrumptious!
    I bet your house smelled yummy! Mmmmmm!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute picture of the girls walking... and Apple Pie in a Jar... I'm so impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete