Monday, September 13, 2010

Remembering Dan

Today would have been my big brother's 53rd birthday. I still have days when I miss him.

I recognize the cake plate. It's the one my mother had the dream about. She dreamed one of the little glass balls broke off the edge. It was a wedding present and Mom was really disappointed. Dad told her he would fix it and took it out to the garage. When he came back inside she found he had taken a hammer and knocked off all the little glass balls. She was livid! What a funny dream. I'm glad it didn't really happen. You know what? She still has that plate.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Martha. It would be very hard not to miss a big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remembering is hard!

    Darling picture..but what a great dream of your mom's you have shared with us. You are such a good storyteller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone so young? I looked through your other posts about your brother. What a handsome guy!

    Cute dream about the cake plate. :)

    ReplyDelete