Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Starship Apple Pies

Bethany is planning a trip. She wants to go to Indonesia to see the girl she has been supporting through Compassion International. There is a trip planned and she hopes to go along in February. To raise money she is working an extra day each week. She is also making and selling pies. Today we put nine apple pies together. Hannah peeled and cut apples, I mixed up dough, and Bethany assembled the pies. They will be frozen and she will soon be taking orders from friends and acquaintances. Pumpkin pies are next on the list.

7 comments:

  1. Martha your whole family are "working machines"....

    The pies look delicious, and I think the trip would be so so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the pies! They look delish, too. You like your crust like mine...thick and flaky. I always think it's the best part of the pie!

    I hope she has a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany rolled the crusts and put the pies together. She was a good student when it came to pie making class. We make a good team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I also have a "daughter" in Indonesia. Her name is Erlina, and I also support her through Compassion International! I will buy some pies (I am a good tipper too!).
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll buy a pie too!! It's for a great cause, and I'm sure a lot better than mine and Dave's 1st apple pie of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the positive input! I'll be selling pies for $10, so if you want to call me (or Mom if you do not have my #), you could pre-order them! I plan to sell some at church too, in the next couple of weeks. I will have pumpkin and apple and a very limited supply of peach, blueberry or elderberry. :)

    ReplyDelete