Thursday, November 05, 2009

Completely Incomplete

Projects, stuff we start and rarely finish. I have several, maybe even thirteen...

1. The garden on my living room wall. No new leaves have sprouted since September, no new flowers have grown.
2. The little table and chairs I had planned for my play area.
The chairs are started; we did sand and paint a primer coat, and just this morning I gave them another scuffing.
3. Ceramic figures. These are still hiding out in Barn 2. I don't know if they will ever get fired and finished, but there remains that possibility.
4. My mom loves blog books. I need to catch up on this project (this year's is partially done...) or she will severely disappointed come Christmas. Last year's turned into a gift at Dad's birthday.
5. My puzzles! I think I did finish this one... but I had planned to make a few as Christmas presents. Will it happen?
6. Paint projects. Will I ever finish that last Nativity puzzle? Can I find all the pieces?
7. Apples. I have to do something with those apples that are sitting in my kitchen. We'll never eat them all before they start to go bad, not unless I turn them into something yummy.
8. The other day I bought a pattern and some fleece to sew Hannah some pajama pants. (Like I don't have enough projects started) So far we have cut the pattern.
9. I am still working on putting Dad's music together on CD's. I have no clue how to work the programs and my CD burner has decided to be difficult and refuses to open.
10. I had a plan in mind to make a photo album for my uncle. He has such wonderful Fourth of July picnics and I have so many great photographs. I even bought an album, but then I filled it with all the pictures from Dad's memorial service.
11. Another project in my mind; a family book filled with things family members have written, drawn, or said throughout the years. Sounded fun, but I sure do wish I hadn't put it off..

That's enough unfinished projects. I know there have to be a least a few more but I'm getting tired thinking about it.

7 comments:

  1. 12.
    Make that homemade Christmas card with the photo on it to send out to your blog friends far away.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm refusing to think about my unfinished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, Judi! I should get started on that right away!

    Then, Priscilla, you should come over and help me with mine. I'll make the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you very much Miss Martha.... now you made me think about my completely Incomplete List!!!! I was in denial...now I have to face it!!! Oh, the garage is the big one...

    I was wondering about the garden in your living room?

    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you say you need my address? ;)

    I'm scared to even try to list my unfinished projects. I have a feeling most of my "spare" time/thinking will be wedding related from now until next June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think exchanging card is a wonderful idea! (Note to self- think on that.)

    Joeks, I know I have many more unfinished projects. I thought maybe listing them might have a twofold effect. Some may actually get finished and others maybe won't get started just to be added to the list.

    Planning a wedding is huge. We did Bethany's in just a few months and it turned out beautiful. Your daughter's will be too.

    ReplyDelete