Friday, November 09, 2007

Something Grand and Glorious

I am trying hard to accomplish those grand and glorious tasks around the house. Last evening I vacuumed the four sets of blinds which cover my livingroom windows. I'm quite certain they will be dirty again in a couple of weeks. Woodstoves are not helpful when it comes to dust and dirt, but for now the job is done and they look so much better! Maybe later on I'll dust all the little doodads that occupy the area above the windows...
Yesterday afternoon and all through this morning I have been cutting, coring, and quartering apples, cooking them, straining them, and filling the crockpot with them. They are all spiced up, cooked down, and ready to go into jars now (my next task). Soon I will have several more jars of apple butter cooling in the kitchen and another batch will go into the crockpot.
Today's objective is to empty and reclaim one laundry basket for its proper use. (You should see my piles of laundry now! If I don't start on that soon, we will all be running around naked... ha, ha!) If I can get this basket emptied I will have only one and a half baskets left to turn into sauce, cider, or baked goods. Once I am done with the chore of storing up apples, I can move on to something else, maybe painting Christmas gifts... or... holding my grandson

7 comments:

  1. Oh I just want to be sitting in your kitchen, smelling that sweet aroma, having a cup of tea, and sharing family, life, our kids, the Lord...In heaven OK, I'll visit your mansion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop the Presses!! Nothing takes presidence over holding that baby!
    Apples will come again but this day, this moment with him won't. I don't want to sniff the aroma I want to eat the goodies! have you ever made the apple butter in the oven? That is the only way I have ever done it, 'cause that was the biggest pot I had, my turkey roaster. I never tried it in the crockpot. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good!
    I agree with gmj, holding the baby comes first !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, I would love to sit and visit with you whether here or there! What a day that will be!

    Gmj, since the baby isn't here all the time, I guess I will have to fill those gaps with other things, like making apple butter, but when he's here I plan to soak up all the time I can get with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that when you have the chance to hold the baby, everything else can wait! You are doing a great job, Martha getting so much accomplished AND you document it with pictures for us which I love! It's like we are really there with you in your kitchen. By the way, is that a new kitchen floor from when I last saw your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete