Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Finish Line

Where has the time gone? Will I ever be ready before Christmas morning? What do we give to all our kids? How do I know what they want or need? Why do I let this happen every year?

I have to say that on one hand I was looking forward to a big snowstorm this past weekend, but only because it gives me a good reason to stay home and work on my projects. The other hand was hoping the storm didn't dump too much snow as Josiah is working for a guy who plows driveways. When it snows they are up all hours of the night trying to keep contracted customers happy and that isn't easy. Anyway, our big snow turned to sleet and freezing rain which kept the accumulation down. We stayed off the icy roads and enjoyed the woodstove some more. I spent hours at the table painting my nativity figures. Maybe by tonight I will be finished and able to go on to the next project. I'm thinking I may do some snowmen.

PS- Jasmine's foot is better. I took her to the vet and they said it was a cyst. They gave me some antibiotics but really she was already getting better. I suppose it had already festered and burst and that is why she was looking so glum. I never gave gave her any medicine and now she is fine. Doesn't it just figure?

9 comments:

  1. You're doing a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You production line worker!! Great job. Thanks for the Jazz update. yep, sometimes it feel like we just throw the money down the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, they are beautiful! You are so talented. Maybe my hidden talent that I'm looking for (GMJ's post) will be that I will be artistic! Probably not. You will get everything done. I know you will and you will figure out what everyone can use.

    I'm very glad that your puppy is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are turning out beautiful! I need to paint some more. Haven't been doing it lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Nativity. Are you selling them? Maybe we could barter for some watercolors. Or tell me a price! I would love to add your Nativity to my collection. Just asking..don't feel any presure, I just think they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Wanda, these two Nativties are spoken for, but I may paint some more. I'm sure we could work out some kind of a deal. I did think of you several times while I was working on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the paintings look great..
    jasmine....well at least you didn't have to pay a large sum of money just to find out that your cat was acting weird because there was an earthquake~ and not because something serious was wrong....yah we are still paying that one...:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are looking SO beautiful! Much nicer than the ones I painted and lost years ago.

    And I know what you mean about figuring out gifts. I seem to go round and round in circles trying to figure out what would be the best choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Martha...there is always next year. Thanks for thinking of me...that's sweet!

    ReplyDelete