Friday, November 06, 2009

Skywatch Friday?

Hannah had an appointment with her doctor Tuesday morning. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a physical and a meningitis vaccine. We opted for no flu shots and no more HPV vaccines either. I am more leary of vaccinations every day. I know what they are supposed to do, I know what is supposed to be in them, and I know I am supposed to trust my doctor, but in actuality I have no clue what is in them, neither does my doctor, and they don't really know what they will do to me (or my daughter).

So anyway, I found the new "skylight" in the exam room quite intriguing. The sky was bright and blue, the clouds white and puffy. With the sun shining outside, one could almost believe it was a real skylight. Actually it is a cover panel for the fluorescent light. I've decided that if I ever want to put in a skylight, this may be just the one. No dirty glass to clean, no leaky seals, no hole in my roof. I wonder if they have panels with twinkling stars?

7 comments:

  1. That is the coolest thing I have see in a while, thanks for sharing it . You did a great job of composing this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a tough one to catch. Just point and shoot. I have two and they're both the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever..... Good SWF Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wallpaper on my blog dissapeared... I noticed you're is gone too. Did you do that? Or did yours dissapear too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, I'm right there with you on the vaccination anxiety. When my oldest was little, there were 12 required doses. Now that Nathan is my youngest, there are now 36(!) required doses and who knows how many more will be added in the coming years. No one knows what the long term effect will be of pumping all these chemicals into little bodies. The doctor did several doses one day on Nathan--within days he developed a bald spot that got bigger and bigger. Then the spots started popping up all over his head. It was terrible.

    BTW, I think that's my kind of skylight, too. It will never spring a leak when it rains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that light. I wonder if they have those for florescent lights. We are putting some in our basement.

    RE: Vaccines... you know what is funny? I have been leary of them for 8 years. My kids have gotten all their vaccines, but on a much slower schedule than suggested. BUT after suffering with H1N1 last week, I am now so GRATEFUL for vaccines. I am so glad I never have to see my kids battle whopping cough, polio, measles, diptheria, etc., etc.

    I will not get my girls the gardisil however. I think it is bad, bad, bad stuff. :S

    ReplyDelete