Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bird Brain

Yesterday I made a mental list of things to do and then set out to get them accomplished. One of those things was to clean my bedroom and another was to make that rhubarb pie. I also managed to do three loads of laundry and hang two of them out to dry (the other one I threw in the dryer). By mid afternoon I was ready to sit on the porch and relax for a bit. While I was sitting there along came "my" hummingbird. I quick sent for the camera and then waited for it to come back. Those little guys are quick so it takes a little patience to snap their photo. What I like in this picture is the reflection of the barn in the water.

When I started feeling sleepy Hannah took a walk around the yard with the camera and found an interesting bird. (He's on the tree stump.) It looks like a woodpecker. My mom does some bird watching and said it sounds like a flicker. She's right, it's a Yellow Shafted Flicker

9 comments:

  1. I saw a woodpecker just like that this weekend. I like woodpeckers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the reflection is ubra cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice capture of the little birdie!!
    So, is this still the first rubarb (spelling?)cake you are talking about, or do you make one every week? I think you mentioned it a few times already....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made strawberry-rhubarb pie last night!

    Great pictures. I keep seeing a little woodpecker around here. He must not live very far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made three rhubarb pies so far this year. One last week and two on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are great! Can you 'beam' one over?

    ReplyDelete