Thursday, June 21, 2007

Another Nest


This is the nest I discovered in one of our little apple trees. I was pulling wild grape and rose vines off the branches when I noticed someone was living there. I quickly decided to let the remainder of the vines stay put until the nest is no longer occupied. I have no clue what kind of bird built the nest. When she saw me coming today, she hopped off the eggs and hid behind the leaves of the tree. I think it was a rather small bird and not too brightly colored. I don't think I have the time or patience right now to sit and wait for her to show her face so I'm not sure if I'll ever discover who she is. In the meantime, I'll keep a distant eye on her darlings and go back to take a peek sporadically.

3 comments:

  1. Great shot, Humm don't know what the bird is by looking at the eggs, they do kinda resemble Martha Stewart's chicken's eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy malted milk balls! Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete