Friday, June 15, 2007

Why Halo There!


Late this morning I received a phone call from my son, Josiah "Why this is unusual," I thought to myself. He doesn't typically call during the middle of a work day. "Have you seen the sun?" he asked. "The Williamson Sun?" I said. But no, he meant the sun, up there in the sky, shining brightly, not our small hometown newspaper. "Why?" I asked him. I took my camera outside and tried to look up at the rainbow encircling the almost noon sun. "Bad for my eyes" I thought. I aimed the camera and clicked the shutter. Pretty cool photo aside from the fact that I couldn't get far enough away to capture the entire halo.

8 comments:

  1. Exclamation!! What does that mean, I mean Meteologicaly, like in what weather thingy caused it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to do with ice crystals in the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just checking to see about reading another "kids story" but no one has written any for a while...I miss them..I love some of the stories that your children have written...they have great insigh and great imagination and a wonderful way of putting it all together and making it right some interesting eh!..big hugs..a woman who loves you muchly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and spells and punctuates whenever she wants...I should put a warning on my writing..."not for children" as I suppose I am a very bad example of gooood writing..I obvously don't read what I write or if I have I have always just deleted it..so...you get what you get..and delete where you can..love you anyway...yoma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I never think to look up at the sun to see what it might look like. Haha, that sounds funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really neat. I saw a double rainbow a few weeks ago. I wish I would've had my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love people who write like they talk! Do ya put periods and commas in speech? Naw! So even in the summer ya got your ice crystals up state! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard about this on the news but never did see it myself. Thanks for the picture!

    ReplyDelete