Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another Hot Day

It's been another very warm and steamy day. I am thankful for my neighbor who has a pool that my kids can use anytime. He and his wife rarely use it, in fact it only remains because we have kids. What a blessing that old pool has been the past six summers. Sometimes it's even too hot to sit out on the back porch and this week, instead of iced tea, we are downing Freeze Pops and hopping into the pool. Tomorrow is forecast to be cooler with some showers which we desparately need. My lawn is brown and crunchy, quite pokey on bare feet. I tried watering it yesterday but it still looks thirsty. I guess we have traded our backyard swamp in for a desert. Being human, we are never happy.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you have a "Oasis" close by! that is a lovely jade plant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have someplace close by to cool off. How funny that such a short time ago you had a swamp and now the total opposite. We despirately need rain...maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grass is "crunchy" too. Actually, it's mostly dead except around the garden. Suppose I should water the lawn as well as the garden. Thankfully we have hoses and sprinklers at our disposal these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing of a neighbor!

    Sorry about the crunchy grass. We're doing surprisingly well with rain so far this year, but things could easily change before summer's over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice peaceful photo. Just a nice place to sit and drink a glass of ice tea.

    Nice to have a pool so close for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had some steamy days recently. It almost seems like too much effort to hike down to the creek but once you get there, the cool water feels great!

    ReplyDelete