Friday, June 29, 2007

A Change of Plans

I had originally thought I would be going to visit Rachel today but my plans were altered slightly and I went out to see Priscilla instead. It was actually a long overdue visit on my part. I arrived with four children right at lunchtime. Priscilla had made some bread dough for pizza and I brought the mozzarella cheese, some red seedless grapes, and some of my freshly baked cookies. We sat on the front porch and drank some iced tea and had a nice visit. Alysa and Alicia drew pictures on the sidewalk.
The drive home takes us through farm country. This old barn caught my eye so we stopped to snap a picture. There is something I love about old barns and the simpler things of life. This one actually seemed to be in pretty good shape. There are so many that are falling down. It makes me sad but I know they are expensive to maintain.
Across the street from the barn were several cows. "Hi cows!" I hollered. They looked our direction and became very attentive. Before we left, all five cows were standing by the fence watching us. I caught three of them here.

9 comments:

  1. What a nice sounding visit, I supose you got to sit on that porch, eh? Looks like the girls had fun. Maybe the cows were willing to share milk to go with the cookies? Or was that cookie crumbs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a nice visit. I like your barn and cow pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound like a nice visit. Sounds like you have a really nice family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice visit...I could just picture it. Love old barns, and the trio of cows is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old barns to. You are right about so many falling in. We think ours is close to if not over 100 years old. It sags in one area and we are trying to figure out how we can save it on our own. The estimate we got to jack it was way more than we could do. It does make me feel for people that end up letting them fall in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of the girls drawing with chalk and also the one of the "other girls"! I wonder what their conversation was after you drove off! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh... I could *hear* you saying, "Hi Cows!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminded you of the zoo, right Shelly?

    ReplyDelete