Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What a Turkey!



Today is a much brighter day than yesterday. Not only is the sun shining but there isn't a cold wind blowing it's a good day to spend some time outside. This morning I took the kids in search of a wooden bookcase (Walmart, Loews, Kmart, and finally Target) for the kids at church to assmble tonight. During our travels a turkey chanced to cross our path. I happened to have my camera, so I snapped his picture. He really was much grander than the photos show with a handsome tie swinging from his breast. He sauntered across the road between Loews and BJ's Wholesale CLub without a care in the world.
While we were out we also stopped by the bank and Grandma and Grandpa's house before heading home. I noticed the temperature along Route 104 was about 58 degrees but by the time I made my way north toward the Lake and back to my house it had dropped to 52. No matter, it's still a great day for Ben to mow the lawn and the kids to run around outside!

9 comments:

  1. I like turkeys alive much more than stuffed on my table! He sure is one hansome dude, very regal looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is a beautiful day, a little too chilly to open my windows. The good thing about it though was that the sun shone so brightly today that I actually felt like cleaning today, and did!
    I like your turkey. He must live in that small stretch of woods there, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't caught that spring fever... Rachel, please send some my way as I'm feeling mighty lazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots. Better than the Guinnea hens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say I love your Journal.It is so bright and cheerful.I love the photos too.Makes me miss your house and living in the country!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad I wasn't there with my gun... Turkey seasons' opening day was Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures!!
    We have turkeys here, too, and I keep seeing them and realize how much they grew in the last few months. I like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am here. Just don't know what to say about turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Lake Breeze in the summer but right now I could do without it. It was a beautiful day down in Syracuse today. I never really thought about it before reading this post, but I guess we should call Rte 104 the Fruit Tree Rd. Lots of orchards near Oswego & Mexico and I seem to recall a few in Orleans Co too.

    Thanks for stopping by. I've enjoyed my visit here.

    ReplyDelete