Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just Like Summer

It's been a beautiful summer-like day but tomorrow is supposed to be a little cooler. My little vegetable garden is growing (peas, spinach, and radishes) and the orhcards are starting to bloom. I love being outside on days like this.

I've been trying to weed out my flower gardens which is a never ending job. As long as the sun shines, there will be weeds. I no longer see the trilliums that used to grow in one of my gardens, but I did find a Jack-in-the-Pulpit yesterday. It's nice to know he's still out there.

Last night James and I took a long orchard walk. Poor Jasmine went with us and we nearly had to carry her home. She was so tired she flopped down beside a mud puddle to take a drink. I guess sometimes having only three legs does catch up with her.

7 comments:

  1. Tomorrow we will plant our vegetable garden. We haven't done it yet. You are so quick!!
    Nice photos (as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't planted my big garden yet, in fact it's still full of weeds. Yikes! I need to work fast (and buy some tomato plants).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a glorious day today! It would have been perfect if I hadn't spent a good portion of it sitting in front of the War Memorial in Syracuse. Oh well the kids were good and it was pleasant to sit in the sun. We may have another frost here later in the week and I'm hoping that will be the last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was supposed to be 80-85 degrees today, I wonder how warm it got. It was gorgeous! I'm glad you got to take your walk today. I went on a long bike ride with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bleeding heart, my mom use to have those in her yard. What kind of tomato plants do you plant "up state"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of tomaotes? Hmmm... we'll have to see what the nursery has. Something yummy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beefsteak and plum tomatoes are some of my favorite... we'll see what I can catch myself at the local nursery though.

    ReplyDelete