Thursday, May 10, 2007

Help! I'm turning into a Grandmother! (and how I know)

(I was warned this could be offensive but it isn't meant to be. I'm just trying to get used to the idea that I'm growing a little older.)

1. My daughter is expecting. Of course this is really what its all about, isn't it? She is due the end of October and I can't wait!

Aside from that...

2. My eyesight is no longer 20/20. I need reading glasses. I found this out a few years ago when I had to read with one eye closed and it gave me a headache.
3. My chin is doubling over. I won't elaborate further...
4. I have to keep plucking that one stubborn hair that keeps appearing on my upper lip.
5. I'm hopelessly out of style and couldn't care less.
6. I have my mother's hands. I don't know how they got onto the ends of my arms but there they are.
7. Sneezing can be dangerous!
8. I'd rather sing hymns.
9. My husband has a few gray hairs. (I don't think I do, but there must be some significance here.)
10. I've stopped trying to keep up with the rest of the world.
11. I forget everything.
12. I talk too much about the weather.
13. I'm thinking about getting a rocking chair for my back porch.

So there you have it... I think I just may be at the point of no return.

12 comments:

  1. Yep, you are showing signs! Lucky you, blondes don't show the gray as much as brunettes. This is not offensive to me. :o) It is funny. Growing older does not mean you have to grow up. Grown-ups are boring. However, please tell me you are not wearing anklets with your sandals. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14. I wear lace up shoes 90% of the time.
    15. Verigross veins. (Those came from my kids.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you are too funny... I think you're too young to be turning into a Grandmother. But I guess I started it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, you are so funny! You make it sound like you're really grandmother-like, but to me you're not. I never think of you as old, but maybe that's because I'm not too far behind. I am still weirded out when I think that my sister is going to be a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, if you sister is a grandma, then arn't you a great aunt? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound a lot like me! But I have no grandchild on the way yet. But I definitely feel like a grandmother sometimes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I could have written your list...except I'm not becoming a grandmother anytime soon. Congratulations! October is a wonderful time for a baby...that's when my b'day is, my last two children were born in Oct, my sister was born in Oct and she's due with her first child this Oct. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. only 1 stubborn hair to pluck??? I think you are doing well indeed! And I'm getting greyer by the day... no fair! I'm not the grandma here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be the coolest grandma on the block, Martha. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to this post...I'm fighting gravity, but gravity seems to be winning.

    ReplyDelete