Friday, May 25, 2007

Motivation

It has been another beautiful day of sunshine and warm breezes. Bethany stopped by late this morning and stayed to help me dust and straighten up the house. I have been feeling rather discouraged and unsure of what to do first so it was nice to have a "take charge" kind of person here to point me in a better direction. She says I need to make a "to do" list and set some goals to accomplish this summer. Of course she is right but once a body is out of sorts it is hard to know where to start. What would I do without this wonderful daughter?

This afternoon we took a little time out to sit on the back porch and enjoy some conversation and a glass of iced tea. Now she is reading a book on pregnancy that was recommended by a friend. Tonight we are planning to go shopping together while the kids are at church and James is helping Joe change the oil in his truck.

10 comments:

  1. That porch is very inviting! Iced tea, a good chat, sigh. You have a very loving daughter. I am a firm beliver in lists myself. I can keep Post-Its in business for years to come :o)
    Beth, stop frowning, harped Gmj.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is 'a good girl' to read about pregnancy! Very good!
    She looks like you, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lists and goals-yep, that's the only way to even begin to know what to do. Of course some of the same "to-do" things have been on my list for years! Seems like something else keeps jumping ahead in priority.

    I'm right with you on the wonderful daughter category. Whenever K's home, or even when not, she encourages me to focus and make some progress. We're blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, daughters are a blessing. Of course so are the sons, just in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, shucks you guys...

    Mom, glad to help you out... Now if only I could be so motivated at my own house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just need a mom to come help you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow just making a list makes me feel good...whether or not things get done? Well, that's sometimes another story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always seems easier to get motivated and organized at someone else's house than your own. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lists, it great to check things off and realize just how much you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree. I should make a list each week just so I know I'm actually getting something accomplished.

    Let's see... so far this week I have-
    1. put my vegetable garden in
    2. Had my family over for a picnic
    3. returned/ exchanged clothes at Kohl's
    4. taught the Wed. night kids class at church
    5. watched Troy so his dad could go on a field trip with Tyler

    Not too bad...

    ReplyDelete