Friday, May 04, 2007

Busy Days


The past few days have been a little bit busier. The weather is much more pleasant and we have been able to work outside in the yard and garden. Yesterday Hannah and I planted peas, spinach, and radishes in my little garden. Its a very small area where I like to grow some early crops. Once the peas are about done producing, I'll likely put some cucumber plants out there. I'm planning on making Bread and Butter pickles again this summer.

Teal Lake is now just a big dead spot with a small puddle in the middle. The water is still draing from the surrounding areas and we turn the pump on once or twice a day for very short intervals. (Too bad for the toads.) A couple guys from the town stopped by late this morning and took a walk through the back yard and looked at the swamp on the opposite side of the house. Unfortunately, James and I were gone to the bank. Anyway, its good to know they're looking.

We also cleaned off the back porch and set out the chairs. Can you tell I'm hoping the good weather stays? Pretty soon we can sit out there and drink a nice tall glass of iced tea or lemonade.

4 comments:

  1. Sweetened or unsweetened tea? Cute garden. Picture the chairs on the porche' when you get tea in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread and Butter pickles are my favorite! The rest of the family is partial to dill pickles, which (assuming the cucumbers grow well this year) I will be making in abundance this year. Still have plenty of B & B, since I'm the only one who eats them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a dill person myself... we seem to be half and half over here! I'm LOVING THIS WEATHER! YIPEEEEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peas fresh from the garden. They remind me of my grandpa. I'm glad you are having some nice days.

    ReplyDelete