Sunday, May 06, 2007

Love


"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35


Oh, that loving others just came automatically. I find myself over and over having to give my heart and thoughts back to Jesus, asking Him to cleanse me once again. I know that my salvation isn't dependent on anything but His sacrifice on Calvary, but the day to day living can prove to be a challenge and sometimes growing hurts. In spite of the pain, or sometimes aggravation, continued growth is necessary in this walk on earth. If every day was easy and things always worked out just the way I wanted them to I would become spoiled and unusable, so even though I don't like being uncomfortable I can thank God for continuing to stretch me in ways I never thought possible. It has taken many, many years and lots of pain and aggravation to see and learn to be thankful for what often initially seems to be little more than an irritation. Yes, often loving is difficult, but with God nothing is impossible.


12 comments:

  1. Reminds me of elastigirl, "you need to be more flexible"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It has taken many, many years and lots of pain and aggravation to see and learn to be thankful for what often initially seems to be little more than an irritation."

    This is going to be a good thing for me to learn too... Love you Mom! (Good sermon this morning, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad day? Or just pondering?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you take some great photos - very talented like your sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nixter.

    Shelly, just an interesting weekend. The sermon yesterday was very applicable to what we are dealing with. It never ceases to amaze me when God speaks directly to our situation. He is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For anyone who can't stand the suspense, it was about loving your neighbor. We're doing okay here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Martha, you have taught me to be patient more than once. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah love thy neighbor is seeming to be a running theme in our house!
    and who is thy neighbor?

    inlaws?......oh did i say that out loud...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neighbor is anyone on planet earth who happens to get on your nerves, hurt your feelings, or make you angry in any way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, yep that would be us inlaws! Or does that make us outlaws? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. inlaws, outlaws,crazy drivers,work partners,bosses, even neighbors........it really doesn't matter...
    so much as depends on you be at peace with all men.
    romans.... something.

    ReplyDelete