Monday, May 21, 2007

Ahh, ahhh, aahhhh... chooo!

Allergy season has settled in. As soon as the lilacs start to bloom, I start sneezing. I'm not really sure its the lilacs I'm allergic too, I hope not because I love to get my nose up close to them every once in a while, but something in the air is making me sneezy and itchy. The weather didn't help yesterday as it hovered right at "cold" all day long. I just couldn't stay warm and that made me sneeze too. Today is just a little bit warmer and the sun is shining to boot!
Saturday afternoon was the Apple Blossom parade in town with fireworks at dusk. Since we moved out of town five years ago the parade and fireworks are the extent of our participation in this town event. We prefer to be at home, work in the yard and enjoy the actual apple blossoms instead. I was still tired out Sunday from my running around Saturday and decided that the overcast skies made for good afternoon sleeping weather. I took a nice long nap!
Today is an off day. Its still a tad cold outside and I'm still a wee bit sleepy. My allergies will keep me tired so I just have to fight them off and keep moving. Maybe I'll go make some coffee and check out my garden.

10 comments:

  1. Oh those yucky allergies! Luckily mine haven't been too bad lately, although I did wake up with my head on Dave's pillow the other morning. He doesn't have a dust mite cover on his and I must've sneezed 7 times before I finally got up to blow my nose. I hope you feel better soon! The lilacs are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you. Carl has allergies. I love lilacs, and wanted to cut a bunch to bring in, however, Carl would sneeze his head off, so no flowers. Yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only sneezed a little bit. Dusting makes me sneeeze..but unfortunately I must dust because I clean for a living. "No thank you please, it only makes me sneeze..."

    Pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...then it makes it hard to find the door." Is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it's not the lilacs making you sneeze. I love bringing them inside for the scent. Mine are just budding...it won't be long untill I can enjoy them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always hope not too. I love the smell of lilacs and will endure the discomfort just to enjoy them. It may be that my other allergies just appear at the same time the lilacs bloom. I know I am allergic to the spring pollens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "No no no no...I don't smoke it no more. I'm tired of waking up on the floor..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Priscilla, you need to stop listening to that "oldies" station!

    You're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My neighbors have Lily of the Valley. I love the smell of them as well as Lilacs. The only thing that makes me sneeze is black pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will feel better soon. Very nice shots of the lilacs!

    ReplyDelete