Sunday, July 14, 2024

Where Do I Go From Here?

 Life wasn't meant to be lived alone. In life there should be a companion, someone who is by your side through the ups and downs, someone to hold you when you hurt, and someone to set you back on your feet when life knocks you backward and sucks the wind out of your lungs. I have friends. I do not have a companion. 

I would have followed him anywhere had he asked. If there was ever a moment in time when he was willing, I will likely never know. Perhaps he was as terrified of rejection as me. For better or for worse, that chapter has now closed. I was never asked and therefore never followed. It wasn't meant to be.

Where do I go from here in this "alone, but not solitary" world? Surrounded by people yet aching for connection... Filled with longing but never fulfilled... All the platitudes in the world won't fill the void. The heart will heal, perhaps, if I will allow it to grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment