Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Father's Day

It's been a good week. I had a visit with my favorite therapist on Tuesday morning and am paying closer attention to the parts inside that make up who I am. My parts don't always agree; some are confident and brave, and others fear failure and rejection to the point of avoiding activities and potential relationships. The grown up Martha is learning to take care of the child and other parts within. By the time I grow up completely I'll probably be at least 75 and totally gray. I'm mostly okay with that. Life is a process. I love who I am much more today than I ever have in the past.

Yesterday my sister and I took an hour and a half drive south to a destination nestled on a hill overlooking the eastern shore of Seneca Lake in central NY. We were there for a baby shower celebrating the impending arrival of our sister's first grandchild. It was a beautiful day. I took advantage of our all being in one spot to take a photo of the three of us. (Old photo from the same destination.)

4 comments:

  1. I am so... so... happy you are more happy with yourself. Despite everything..it is all good.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little better each and every day. What a wild ride it's been! Thanks for coming along.

      Delete
  2. Martha you are looking so much more relaxed and happy. Just thought I would tell you that. It’s lovely to see 🥰🥰

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete