Monday, July 18, 2022

And That's What's Goin' Down

It's one of those weeks where my heart is not at rest. I know the reason, but I haven't yet been able to completely quell the pangs of anxiety that occasionally swell in my chest. I'm not sure the arrows through my heart will ever disappear entirely, or if there is an absolute remedy for ache within. I am grateful for happy, relaxed days that now far outnumber the anxious achy ones that creep up unexpected at predictable times of the year. Better forward planning on my part could likely alleviate some of the angst. Perhaps next year I will remember...

It was a rough afternoon in the baby room. Summers days are not quite as predictable as those of the school year and our routines, if we happen to have any, get thrown into a tizzy. Scrambled routines and infants make for frazzled caregivers. I was more than ready to go home at 3:15 pm. 

Next week will find me playing a new game, which is not a game at all. It is often referred to as "civic duty." Yup, I got a jury summons. It's not the summons one typically thinks of. It is instead a grand jury summons. I'll find out what time to report when I call in next Monday. If I am seated my dates of service run through the month of August. Pretty much three days a week.

It is Hannah's birthday today. She's 27. I'm not sure how that happened because it seems I just posted about her being Sweet Sixteen (almost). Yesterday a few brothers came over and we enjoyed ice cream floats. Today we visited our favorite chiropractor in his new office, and then stopped at Wegmans to find a fancy dessert. I splurged on a cheesecake sampler. :0)

6 comments:

  1. I saw in your previous post all of your children were together recently, what a delight. That cheesecake sampler was a good choice and I hope you have a peaceful anxiety free day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, it was absolutely fabulous having all of my kids in the same spot for a minute or two! Okay, so maybe it was an hour. It was fantastic! The cheesecake is super yummy. I sure hope someone helps us eat it up. LOL!
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Your baby girl is 27? How can that possibly be? The cheesecake looks scrumptious. Grand Jury sounds awful and interesting at the same time. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time, sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Della, thank you for the hug. I do not have any clue how these kids keep growing up. Isn't there a reverse switch or at least a break lever somewhere on this train? Cheesecake. So delish! And yes, that is exactly what grand jury sounds like. I'm ready to find out. At least as ready as I'm going to be. Ha ha!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Wow, the Grand Jury really takes up a lot of time. Hope all will go well for you and that your angst will lessen as the days progress.
    So tired of having Covid...at least Dave and I are on the last legs of it...I do get so tired of coughing and having no energy. Old age can be for the birds too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll find out about the grand jury next week. Right about now I'm ready for a break from the baby room at work. Ugh.

      I'm sorry you are dealing with C-d again. I do wish it would go away altogether. I hope you're feeling better soon.

      Delete