Saturday, June 23, 2018

Bits and Pieces

* I'm still alive. Life is so completely different from what it was a few years back that I often feel like a stranger in my own skin. I'm still me inside, but I feel as though I've been plucked up and dropped into a different world. Going to work every day can still feel foreign even though I am comfortable there. No complaints, it's just different.

* This past Sunday was Father's Day. It was different. We had former NFL player and a mini car show at church, along with a free hotdog bar. Of course I took my camera along. I did not get a picture of Cory Proctor, but I did take a selfie in a shiny hubcap.

* Sunday afternoon my little grandson wore the soccer uniform his Uncle Carlos sent him from Mexico. It came home with Abuelo and Tio Raul after their February visit to Hidalgo. Maybe him wearing it was good luck. Mexico did win the game. If nothing else he was the cutest little soccer player ever! 

* I stopped on my way to work one morning this week and captured a bit of beauty along the side of the road. Crown vetch. A bit of pale purple growing on the edge of the field. I'm taking it all in as I go but I don't often have time to stop. The calves that I saw a few early mornings, following their mamas through the fields, haven't been there anymore, but I remembered to count the blessing of seeing them while they were.

* Yesterday I noticed some new flowers growing in our own front garden. Since Hannah and Sergio  recently cleaned it out, I asked what they had planted. They both looked confused until I asked Hannah what she had done with the pumpkin that sat out on the front step last fall. They both laughed.

* This morning my sister and I picked a few strawberries at a local farm. This afternoon we had strawberry shortcake for lunch, my first of the season. It was wonderfully delicious! Afterward we were so sleepy and satisfied that we both took a nap, during which somebody took our picture. Ha ha!

* a job to go to
* recovery
*crown vetch
* calves in the field
* pumpkin surprises
* strawberry shortcake

3 comments:

  1. ...keep looking for all those bright spots in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to put “cutest soccer play” on the list!

    ReplyDelete