Monday, January 10, 2011

Time is a Racer

Last week we celebrated the first family birthday of the year. In our usual style, we made pie. This time it was blueberry. By the time I had placed and lit 23 candles (actually I lit 24...) those first to be lit were growing quite small. Can one "grow" small? So, I am late to post Josiah's birthday. It has come and gone, but it was not forgotten.

There appears to be no slowing time down, instead it keeps gaining momentum and the days just fly by. I stayed home from church yesterday. We were ready to walk out the door when my stomach decided to do a flip-flop. I did not want to run from the sanctuary midway through Sunday school and so I opted to stay home. I curled up in the big brown chair with my pillow and favorite afghan and went to sleep. I did not get sick to my stomach but nursed a headache throughout the day. Better to be sick on the weekend, I guess. In no time it will be Sunday and I will be back at church again.

This afternoon my couches and the brown chair are full of "small plants." Josh has come to take his nap while his mommy has a throat culture done. Nap time is almost over and the "Little Guy" is whimpering in the crib upstairs. Should I get him or wait and see if he goes back to sleep? Soon Ben will call for a ride home from work, I will wake Hannah from her slumber, and then head out into the cold to retrieve my son. I will start supper, we will visit the nursing home, and in no time it will be tomorrow afternoon. At this rate it will be summer before I ever get my bedroom clean!

Guess I'd better go check on the boy...

2 comments:

  1. Birthday pie...yum! We don't celebrate our first birthday of the year until July! Then they are all in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our first birthday celebration is January 30th..Elijah will be (Oh my goodness...14 or 15) I better check my calendar.

    What a busy life you lead. I like the Birthday Pie idea.

    Hope you're feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete