Monday, March 22, 2010

Counting Down

This year I decided it was time to start counting birthdays backward, so rather than turning forty-six, I am going to be forty-four instead. In eight and a half years my son will have caught up with me and we will both be thirty-six. I figure that will be the time to have a great celebration. Maybe one day I will be young enough to once again play on the floor comfortably. Maybe my hip won't hurt when I get up to walk again. Maybe my eyes will focus properly! Yes, I am looking forward already to next year's birthday when I can plan on being forty-three!

6 comments:

  1. won't have to worry about being loopy, you already are! have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! LOL!

    That cake looks very festive and yummy. Are you serving? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to celebrate the rest of your birthdays!

    The cake does look good. Is it chocolate inside too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was chocolate inside and out, and gluten free too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. Cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Gluten free cake is yummy!

    ReplyDelete