Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Work in Progress

December is a busy month and I have been working hard to catch up with all that needs to get done. I'm not sure if I'm gaining any ground, but things are happening. Saturday was the Ladies' Auction at church. I did not end up donating my checkerboard, but I did end up playing the auction game. I came home with a lovely little painting of a fruit basket. After the auction Hannah and I did a little bit of shopping. Sunday afternoon Bethany wanted some shopping company so Hannah and I went out with her. I had promised the boys we would go out on Monday morning while Troy was at preschool, so yesterday we headed out again. (I am making progress, but I'm still not quite finished shopping.)

I am working on projects here at home too. I'm getting a late start, but I work best under pressure, so there is hope that I might finish before the big day. This is a nativity puzzle that I just started. Yesterday I found some strawberries in my freezer, so this morning I made a batch of strawberry jam. I'm drying another batch of apples (if you can believe that) and have one more left to go. I sent the rest of the apples to my friend Becky. She has a horse who thinks apples are mighty tasty. The other thing occupying my thoughts is the Wednesday night kid's class at church. This week we are going to make fleece hats, but I still need a lesson to go along with them. (Any ideas? I'm taking a short break from the regular lesson book.)

All this activity has gotten me thinking about Proverbs 31 and that woman who is mentioned there...

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Martha! You do awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are that Proverbs women!
    Before you were writing that I was thinking, that I like you and what you write and do. You seem content with your life. You are there for others, you serve in the church. I think you have your priorities right.

    And that was that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very talented, and are always full of good ideas!

    Koty wanted me to apologize to Ellie for him about today. He said he was SO excited to see her...maybe a little too excited. He's very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. It makes me nostalgic about many things. My babies when they were newborn, making applesauce and apple butter with apples from my parents orchard. I even had a wooden nativity I painted for the kids to play with. Alas, they lost too many pieces and we no longer have it.

    Have a Merry Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you say fleece...I think of Gideon when we put out the fleece to find God's direction. I think it was Gideon...someone help me here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was Gideon. First he asked God to send the dew on the ground and leave the fleece dry, then he asked God to make the fleece wet and the ground dry. It where we get the expression "putting out a fleece". I'm sure you knew all that, Wanda.

    Gudl, I don't feel at all like I measure up to the Proverbs 31 woman. There are so many things I can't keep up with. But in reality, she probably struggled with keeping up too.

    Nettie, welcome. I enjoyed a very nice visit with my little grandson yesterday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or maybe he asked God to make the fleece wet first?

    ReplyDelete