Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Today

It was another cold day at the bus stop, but at least the wind wasn't blowing. I took my camera along on my travels today, but didn't take any pictures. I popped in Barnes and Noble on my way home (just a little detour), bought a copy of The Message; (The New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs in Contemporary Language) and two small clip-on lights, one for my computer and the other for reading my books. Honestly, my concentration hasn't taken my all the way through the last few books I've started, but I'm hoping to recover some of that soon.

For those who have questions about my brother Tim, I have a few links to old blog posts. You can find them in  these links, My Brother Tim, B is for Big Brothers, and My Brother's Guardian Angel.

I'm still enjoying the activity outside my kitchen and upstairs windows. Yesterday, after my walk around the back of barn 3, I sat on the woodpile to watch and photograph the birds.

Not only does a Red-bellied Woodpecker frequent my feeder, but Downy Woodpecker as well. Pretty cool. I'm not sure where last winter's bluejays went, and I haven't noticed any cardinals around, but there is still much to observe, and of course, there are the squirrels. They're typically pretty entertaining.



7 comments:

  1. Quick trip is over...and today I took down all my Christmas...Left splashes of red..and added my Valentine decoration.

    I love your bird pictures. You are so good with your camera. Love the Message Bible. My Ladies Bible Study was wonderful..all that I was hoping for. About 25 ladies and they all seem to be willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there you are. I miss you. Wanna come over for coffee?

      Delete
  2. I love The Message. Sometimes hearing the same version for decades call fall on deaf ears and that just makes you think again...at least that's how it words for me. :)

    Your squirrels were busy today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read portions from The Message here and there online, but I wanted to be able to curl up on the couch on a cold winter afternoon and really take a better look at it. I think I'm going to like it too. And yes, sometimes when I read the ones I've had for decades it's too easy to find myself reading without soaking anything in.

      Those squirrels are always busy. It was a terribly cold night. I hope they were hunkered down somewhere warm.

      Delete
  3. I read all 3 posts....very moving...you are an excellent story teller...
    I also noticed that Wanda and Betsy have been with you for a long time....
    Such great friends you have all become...
    You certainly love Tim very much....
    You are a great sister, Martha...
    Not something I can say about myself....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once in a while I can tell a good story. Years ago I read that if you want to learn how to write, it has to be practiced every day, so here I am, all these years later, still writing. And driving my husband nuts.
      I have, by default, become the main advocate for my brother, though if I can't be reached they will contact my sisters. We are all he has. By the way, my sisters and I can fight like cats and dogs sometimes even if we do love each other.
      Yes, I do have some longstanding blog friends and some of the are pretty special. I can't wait until the weather warms up and you and I meet up for coffee.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Oh...me too!
      And...boy...have I got stories to tell!!

      Delete