Monday, January 05, 2015

Put That Back

The couch is back in place now and my pink (mauve) recliner has a new home in "Grinch Corner." I decided not to haul it all the way across the room to it's previous spot just yet. Maybe I like it right where it is instead.

On our way home from picking our boy up one hour away on Saturday evening, we stopped at the little Mexican market one town over. I had enchiladas and tamales on my mind but no dried red chiles with which to make that sauce that makes them so special. We were in luck finding them open. The people there are always friendly and helpful and we soon left with a bag of dried red chile pods, two packages of corn tortillas, and some dried hominy with which to make posole' at a later date. Yesterday we cooked up a batch of pork enchiladas and I am finding myself hungry for them all over again today. sigh (I'd post a photo but we ate them all up before I thought to take a picture.)


It was a quiet kind of day here, aside from the wind outside and the dog who decided to bark out the window at nothing while I had my eyes closed for ten minutes. ha ha!


8 comments:

  1. Where's the whine? (not wine...whine!) haha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whining is below, in the other post..
      Did you say "wine"?
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Just read it. I didn't think it was whiny! :)

      Delete
  2. Drove to the other lake today...
    What a sight to see....and darn cold too!
    Whine? Not sure what Betsy meant....
    Enjoy your evening
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My earlier post today appeared whiny when I read it this afternoon, but it wasn't meant to be. So, I resolved not to whine.
      :0)

      Terribly cold outside today! Good thing for a van at the bus stop.

      Delete
  3. Michel had tamales for New Years. Yummm. Now I want some more after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete