Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Circus is Coming!

Last night My Darling came home with something really cool and awesome. I had given up hope of ever becoming a circus performer but the hope has been rekindled.

Many years ago, when I was fifteen, I had a friend named Paul. Paul had a wire wheel and used to walk up and down the street on it. When his family sold their house and moved away, I was given the gift of the wire wheel and I began to walk up and down the street. It was cool.

One day a new kid came to the neighborhood to visit his cousin. He looked out the living room window to see me go by on my wire wheel. He insists it was cute... Well, anyhow, my dad decided to use the wire wheel to prop up his camper or something. Maybe he thought I'd break my neck falling off one day... My circus days were over, until yesterday. I can hardly wait til spring!
:0)

10 comments:

  1. It looks a little smaller than the old circus wheel. Do you think that will make it more challenging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I don't know. It's just the thought that's fun.'
      :0)

      Delete
    2. The outside wheels are as big around as the old one. I'm not sure about the inside part.

      Delete
  2. We had one of those!
    We used it as a coffee table....
    Cool!
    Will look forward to pics of that! Hahaha!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a super cool round bookcase coffee table made from one on pinterest!

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/68187381830134134/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Martha would use it for a walking wheel... I do hope you get some videos this Spring. You go Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the memory jogger! I'd forgotten that we had one of those around for awhile also--way back when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if only you didn't live so far away! We could do an act together if we were neighbors.
      :0)

      Delete