Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Are You Awake?

It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.
Psalm 127:2

I'm tired today. It's been several days of sleepless nights in a row and it's starting to catch up with me now. I've gone to bed on time and gotten up at a decent hour, but the time between climbing into bed and crawling back out again has been restless. I'm going to blame it on hormones, mostly because it makes sense, but my mind is busy tossing anxious thoughts and making me feel panicky too. Although I know nothing of any value is ever accomplished through worry, I often find myself there regardless. Sometimes I'm not even sure what it is I am all worked up about. (It's reminding me of the poem my uncle quoted me years back, the one about Grandma being off her rocker...) 

A cup of coffee sounds perfect, but I think I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes first....

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. Beautiful kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty kitty!

    Enjoy that cat nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Nice short nap. Now where's the coffee?
      :0)]
      (Looks! My smiley's got a double chin! Ha ha!)

      Delete
    2. (Maybe I'm still tired..)

      Delete
  3. You and Betsy have the best cat pictures. The wood pile makes a great backdrop.

    Sorry you are not getting rest...I slept in this morning. Made some scones from a mix I got for Christmas, but they are rather dry...maybe I'll put on more drizzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats make great photo subjects. My friend Deborah has some great cat pictures too.

      Perhaps I will take melatonin for a few nights and see if it helps me sleep better. I might be tempted to dip dry scones in my coffee.
      :0)

      Delete