Friday, January 02, 2015

Splishin' and a Splashin"

One last shebang! (Don't think I believe that for a second.)

My sweet daughter called yesterday morning to see if her family might come over for dinner last night. I asked James what she was bringing for supper... :0)  Since we'd had a reduced  number of guests on Christmas Day, I'd made just one lasagna and still had most of the ingredients for a second. We decided to make it a small party (just 10 of us this time) and send out an invite or two.

We sat cozy-style with all of us around the dining room table, jostling elbows, each getting in other's space. Bethany brought salad and we cut up the loaf of Italian bread James picked up earlier in the day. I stirred up a boxed gingerbread mix and we topped it with whipped cream for dessert. It was perfect, even if I had intended to start the year gluten-free. (I'm starting over again today...)

After the presents had been presented, we decided to play the new Apples to Apples game James bought Hannah. It's a kid's Disney version that he thought she could play sometime with the kids at Sergio's house. We had seven adults playing along with Josh who happened to notice the box said it was for ages 7+. He did a good job and was quite pleased to play, especially when he chose Grandpa's answer (money) when it was his turn to be the judge for the word "useful." He got a high-five from Grandpa, and Grandpa got an award-winning smile from Josh.

The Christmas gatherings are now over and we are on to gatherings of another kind. My Daring is hoping for a Star Wars weekend and Joe is turning 27 on Sunday, so we'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Looks very fun! I love it when my oldest calls and says, "Have room for more around the dinner table tonight?" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having my kids around and, believe it or not, ten is a manageable number, especially when compared to the 27 that were her on Sunday.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. That sounded so fun. I love it when our son has to deliver something near us, and calls to say is breakfast on...and of course it always is. Gotta love our kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next year we should just plan for the Twelve Days of Christmas. In the meantime, I just love the fact that I have kids and that they like to come home.
      :0)

      Delete