Thursday, January 29, 2015

Headaches and Stuff

It's been a lie low kind of day. That nasty headache from Sunday decided to make a return yesterday afternoon and then hang around all night long. This morning, rather than take a shower and get dressed, I took my favorite afghan and pillow downstairs, popped some pain killers, and curled up in the recliner. I am hoping that the ache will suddenly disappear, leaving me tired but pain-free, as that is the usual routine with these headaches. I rarely get sick so really can't complain. Besides, I want it to be gone so I can go out later this evening.

The other day I was rummaging through a dresser drawer and came across a scarf I crocheted years ago. It made me think of my friend Emma so I took it downstairs with me and showed it to her. She commented on how pretty it was and I asked her if she'd like to have it. She was delighted as it's not only pretty, but matches her other outdoor attire. Now I'm trying to figure out what kind of stitch I used and how to duplicate it... Must be some variation of double crochet. I like it.

PS. If I were to pick a day on which to feel blech, it would be one like this. Dark and dreary, good for sleeping.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear...I hope you feel better...
    I do believe that is just a plain old double crochet...
    It is the yarn that makes it look fancy!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. Now I'm going to be on the lookout for fancy yarn...

      Delete
    2. You can get some at the fancy yarn shop...

      Delete
    3. I'm going to check the 2nd hand store first.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I hate those two day headaches.. Ugh. Hope you're better soon.

    We had a dark dreary day here, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is that I know it will go away... eventually. Maybe a bit of fresh air when I go out will help.

      Delete
  3. I hate it when you have those bad headaches. I can't even imagine since I've never suffered with them. The worst pain I've ever had was before my gall bladder surgery....doubled me over to my knees. So glad that is behind me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom never had headaches either, but my dad did. It'll be gone completely by tomorrow and I'll be glad that's over.

      Delete