Friday, August 30, 2013

About That Pedi-Party....

I have been fighting a headache for a few days now even though I started taking ibuprofen as soon as I felt it coming on. Perhaps hormone induced headaches haven't heard of ibuprofen and don't realize its headache fighting capabilities... At any rate, I would much prefer to fight a headache this week than next. Next week I want only to admire that new grandson.

Yesterday I freshened up my toenails with a new coat of polish. Earlier this summer I wore pink nails on nine toes and a happy face on my right big toe. The smiley face staring back at me every time I looked down made me smile, and sometimes others commented on it too. Usually they were nice comments, but my husband asked me why I couldn't just be normal... haha! I wore them that way so long that the polish started to grow away from the cuticles.

This time around I decided to let my shoes dress up my feet instead. My nails are a paler shade of pearly pink and I'm sporting my new pair of Teva Mush II flip flops. (Wouldn't you know it? The blue ones are on sale this weekend.) I wore the black and white Tevas I bought last year all summer! It's been my first Flip Flop Summer ever and I love them.

Come join the party over at Betsy's place!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty feet and toes!! I like the simple pink. I'm not ready for a pedicure, but when I do, I'll paint them with a fall color...Probably a share of coral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOTH sets of nails look cute :-)

    I'm on my second pair of Teva flip flops. The first pair was so old there was no tread left on the bottom (I think I might have had them three years). My current pair is only a year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed...I've never had a pair of flip flops last past one season. I must be buying the cheapies. lol....

      Delete
    2. These are definitely not cheapies, but my feet love them so much they are worth every penny.

      Delete
  3. Pink nails are my favorite. And that smiley face is just too cute. I love it! Adorable flip flops, too...I'll have to look for that brand! The best part about summer is bare feet and flip flops! :) Thanks for joining in the fun! Your feet look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have tan lines on my feet this summer! I've hardly touched my other footwear all season.

      Delete
  4. I love both shades of pink and that smiley face is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like pink best, especially if one toe is smiling. :)

      Delete