Monday, August 19, 2013

On Becoming a Picky Eater

There is too much on my plate. I am full and will never be able to finish what is before me, therefore I must become a "picky eater"... I have never cared much for picking, especially when everything in front of me looks good, and yet I know that stuffing it in will only cause me indigestion... (Of course I speak in riddles.)

I've been stretched, stressed, and overwhelmed.. Oh, there are times when everything feels like it's going along alright, and then, all of the sudden the walls come crashing down around me and I once again come to the realization that I am not Wonder Woman and I never will be Wonder Woman, no matter how I struggle to fit in the suit. Today I said "no". I said no to people when I would desperately like to say "yes". Picking and choosing is hard. I don't like it much.

James and I went out together yesterday. I'm not certain, but I think he had it in mind to check off as many "Summer things" from my list as possible. We went out for breakfast, stopped at a waterfall (briefly), played miniature golf, bought a couple bottles of wine (we were too late for the tasting), had ice cream on the way home, and drove way too fast. Perhaps I can convince him to slow down and smell the roses next time we head out for the day. I came home exhausted!


9 comments:

  1. next time we go out it will be to rent a speed boat, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun! I'm going out to do a few things on my list today!

    Good for you for saying 'no'. Even to good things, ...when your plate is full and you are stressed, even a good thing becomes bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had said yes to everyone, I would have had nine different children pass through my door today instead of just three. It would have started at 6:30 am and not ended until well after 5 pm. I couldn't do it. I told three mothers no and none of them were my own children.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a fun date, even if it was fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're supposed to come home feeling refreshed after a day like that, not exhausted. Sounds like you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've hardly completed anything on my list. You are doing better at enjoying your summer than I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...silly me!
    I could have sworn I left a comment here!!
    I'll bet James was tired too!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now you have! :)

      He probably was, but the ice cream made everything better.

      Delete