Friday, August 16, 2013

Doing the Twist

I left just a little early for my pottery class last night. Dinner for my family was on the stove; meatballs and sliced eggplant in sausage spaghetti sauce, all they had to do was cook up some pasta, but I hadn't eaten. I had formulated a plan for myself that didn't include pasta. I was in the mood for ice cream, soft ice cream.

Rather than head directly toward the city of Rochester, I took a short detour toward the town of Williamson, stopping at Yai Yai's, the local ice cream shop. I had two dollars in my pocket as I stepped from my car into the deserted shop. It was supper time. In another hour or so the place would be crowded with customers clamoring for an evening treat, but I didn't even have to wait in line.

I enjoyed the thick creamy treat at leisure as I settled back into my seat and turned the van west down Route 104. I was all alone with my ice cream cone, and I'm pretty sure I was smiling.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Martha...that sounds so decadent!
    Perhaps I will try that myself!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. There is nothing yummier for dinner, on rare occasions, than soft ice cream.

      :)

      Delete
    2. DINNER???
      Yes...I like that!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was very good. When you come over we will go for ice cream. The price is right.

      Delete