Thursday, August 01, 2013

A Little Pot Tossing

Tonight I am totally exhausted, but I thought I'd share a picture or two of my Thursday night adventures. I finally remembered to take a couple pictures at my pottery class.




They don't all turn out perfect, in fact, sometimes the clay has a mind all its own. The tall one got tired in the middle because I wasn't spinning the wheel fast enough for how fast I was pulling, but then again, I had my eyes closed. It's the best cylinder I've done yet. The "plate" was really supposed to be a big bowl, but I opened it up too much too soon. Next week is our last week of throwing and we will be on to just trimming and glazing. If all goes well, I'll have several finished pieces to take home when the time is done. It's all got me thinking a little bit more of that pottery wheel James made...

4 comments:

  1. well, I'm very impressed! I really love the way the shallow bowl/plate came out...looks perfect from here! ha. Can't wait to see the finished products. What a very fun thing to have done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plate really did turn out nice, even if a bowl was what I had in mind.

      This has been a lot of fun and I really love working on the wheel. I don't know why I've waited so long to do it again!

      Delete
  2. You are such an artist, my friend.

    ReplyDelete