Saturday, June 01, 2013

Two Trains

Actually, there were three, three trains.

It was a good day for trains, I guess. On my way out to Canan- daigua I had to stop for one train that was already crossing the road. On my way home a few hours later, on the same road, the crossing lights were flashing and the gates were coming down as I approached the tracks. A train, heading west, was just coming  up to the crossing. It was a longish train so I snapped a few pictures while I waited.

Before the first train was gone, a second train was coming in the opposite direction. Rather than cattle cars, this was was hauling tank cars. Neither one had a little red caboose to wave at. What a disappointment. And that is my rather boring post for this evening.

6 comments:

  1. Not boring at all. I like trains.

    Especially the trip from LA to San Diego which runs along the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't taken a train ride in a long time. Hannah wanted to ride the train to NY City when we went, but we drove instead. It was easier for both us and my friend on the other end.

      Delete
  2. And did you count the cars on the train while you waited?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have, but I was too busy trying to take a picture. (Actually, I was expecting a shorter train. Next time maybe I'll try counting. :) )

      Delete
  3. Not boring to my boys! They loved it! And they would have really loved to have to stop for the trains to cross! We don't live near any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of your boys. They would have liked double trains. I even waved as the engines drove by. :)

      Delete