Friday, May 31, 2013

Tidbits and Bidtits (Is that a bad word?)

I am ready for a quiet, relaxed weekend. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for the entire weekend. I'm not sure how much outdoor activity I will enjoy while Mom is gone to Rachel's house, but I intend to make the best of it. I have an umbrella (somewhere) and some waterproof shoes. I won't be out traipsing about in any electrical storms, but if there happens to be a good "walking-in rain", I will be ready. And, I'll be ready if I have to make any mad dashes from the car to the grocery store too.

It was a hot few days. We didn't do a ton of playing out int he hot, humid sunshine, but spent an hour or so outside after the school bus returned in the afternoon. Yesterday we ate ice cream sandwiches and blew bubbles. The previous post shows how The Littlest One reacted to the floating wonders. I'm not sure if she was afraid of one landing on her head or popping in her face. Either way, she warmed up to the idea eventually and found the bubbles fun.

Today Rocky made soup in one of our ride on toys. She had a nice stick for stirring her stew of grass, leaves, and maple helicopters sprinkled with a generous portion of dirt. I couldn't wash her face without taking a picture or two first. She looks cute in dirt, I think. When her daddy came she was still sporting fresh earth and he said it looked like bath night. Hannah got to do the honors since she was babysitting for the evening.

Tomorrow is June, and though it's not official, I'm counting it as the beginning of summer. It sure feels like it!

4 comments:

  1. Bidtits ~~ HaHa Martha I'm shocked! I think you've made up a new word to use when your mad!! "Bidtits, Bidtits, Bidtits, there I've said it and feel a lot better.

    Martha..I wish I was your neighbor, we could get into so much trouble together. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I was a little bit tired last night... :)

      We could have tons of fun, Wanda! I love you too!!!

      Delete
  2. Bidtits? Lol, you're funny!

    I hope you're enjoying your weekend, but I haven't seen a drop of rain yet, just bright sunshine and lots of heat. You might have to take a walk in the rain in the middle of the night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained in Ontario. I could tell because the road was wet on my way home from Wegmans, but I missed it. There's still time. :)

      Delete