Sunday, June 02, 2013

Take a Hike

It was the perfect afternoon for a hike, especially since we waited until 5pm before heading out. The day had cooled off nicely, and yet was still warm. We opted to stay local today and so headed for Webster and the somewhat new Abraham Lincoln Park. Check out the mess of trails on this map!






Although the park isn't far from home, neither of us had ever been there before. There was lots of hiking up and down hills no matter which direction we walked and we found it to be a great place to get a fairly decent workout in a reasonably short amount of time.



 



I have put my first check mark (alt 251 on your key- board...) next to "Take a hike" on my list of Things To Do This Summer. I'm hoping to have quite the collection of check marks by the time the end of August rolls around. I missed my first "Walk in the rain" opportunity when the rain didn't reach me until after dinner time. by then I was all cozy on the couch eating the perfect salad, and didn't feel like getting my clothes wet.

I hope you had a lovely weekend and remembered to check something off your "To Do" list as well.

7 comments:

  1. I did have a lovely weekend...
    Thanks for asking!
    What is that plant you are holding???

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just googled it ourselves. It's a flower from a Tulip Poplar. :)

      Delete
  2. I think you're doing great on your checklist considering it's only the beginning of June! And the things on your list are great ones, too! I wouldn't mind doing some of those myself! The only To Do list of mine is chores. I really should do a fun list for the summer, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried not to make it too complicated, and I have a husband who is trying to help me get some of it accomplished. (I should have made a list like this years ago! ;) )

      PS. Chores go on a completely different list.

      Delete
  3. Oh this is a great check list. What a beautiful hiking path.

    Our plans to go to OR for the baby are moved up a week as Jill has now decided she wants us there at the hospital for the birth. That's what I wanted all along, but letting Jill make the decisions when she wanted us. Will leave on the 7th and be gone about 3 weeks. That my to do list...take care of a new grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda, I think that sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I have it in mind to meet my new grandbaby too, but I'm thinking maybe September.

      Delete