Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Halfway There and Cup of Coffee

I can hardly believe tomorrow will have us halfway through another week. Then again, perhaps I should not consider it halfway until tomorrow evening is upon us. I guess this might depend on whether or not I am in a hurry for the week to pass. I suppose there is no hurry and I should instead purpose to enjoy each day as it comes. (Do you think I'm tired?)

Last night, upon throwing back the covers and crawling into bed, I decided that rather than toss, turn, and flop around all night long with little to no sleep, it might be wise to take some Benadryl to counteract the sleepless nights and drowsy days that accompany spring allergies. I am pleased to report that, although wiping the sleep from my eyes this morning was not effortless, I did have a wonderful night's sleep. I took a nap today, in order to continue my accumulation of beauty rest, and plan on another night of blissful sleep tonight.

I am thoroughly enjoying each and every cup of coffee consumed during my wakeful daytime hours and not feeling guilty at their consumption in the least. I have begun a new adventure in the area of eating which requires me to be "stomach hungry" before sitting down to eat. It is mostly tricky at supper time and often means we eat closer to 7
pm rather than six. I am not allowed to continue eating until I am full, rather just until "satisfied". It is an interestingly sensible prospect. No counting calories, no restrictive diets, no yucky concoctions, just normal, healthy eating and wise choices. And you know, I'm finding if I only eat when I'm truly hungry, I'm going to need a much smaller grocery cart. I have a friend who lost 40 pounds doing this and she looks great! (See here)

10 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through My Five Men- love your summertime list- going to make my own list- thank you for the inspiration! Kelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to meet you, Kelley! It's fun to see others inspired to make lists too. (I should have done this long ago.)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great and sensible idea!

    I took a nap this afternoon too! The only problem was that I was in my car with the windows cracked open, on my lunch break at work. For the 1st time ever I didn't wake up and the office manager came looking for me...oops! She and the dental assistant got a good laugh out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will probably never let you live it down. Then again, aren't you glad they care enough to come looking for you?

      Delete
  3. So glad you slept well! My allergies have been incredibly bad the last two weeks..especially my left eye. ugh.

    I like that kind of dieting...makes so much more sense and I bet it's easier to stick too...sometimes as soon as you lay down ridiculous rules, you are obsessed to break them. ha.

    enjoy the coffee...it keeps me happy and busy. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may take a long time to lose what I have put on, but if I can lose, even a little at a time, I will be happy.

      Delete
  4. Ah the battle of the bulge...
    I know it too well...
    Your plan sounds very sensible..
    Perhaps I will try that...
    But...
    Probably not..hahaha!
    Very funny post...again...Martha..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping I can lose this way, even if it takes me two years, I mean it did take 30 to pack it all on.

      Delete