Saturday, June 22, 2013

Weekend Thoughts

It's a random kind of night with random thoughts running through my mind...

It's felt like a long week in so many ways, but the tension it brought is behind us.
Summer has officially arrived, bringing picnics, parties, graduations, and weddings.
The warm weather returned yesterday and today we had that warm rain I've been waiting for. I wasn't here to take my rain-walk, but there will be another chance.
Last night we had a chance to meet up with James' cousins, give some hugs, take some pictures, and share a champagne toast to family. I was relieved to see them smiling.
This afternoon was my nephew's graduation party. We got "lost" on the way there and couldn't find the park. We drove in circles for what seemed like forever until James found Jamie's cell phone number in his phone. (I had only home phone numbers.)
Hannah and I missed Vinegar's 4th birthday party this afternoon.
I was in the middle of mixing up a strawberry rhubarb pie this evening when an unfamiliar vehicle pulled into the driveway. Three people got out and came to my back door. It was our longtime friend Adam and his daughter, along with the daughter's boyfriend. What a great surprise!
Too bad my pie wasn't finished.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! Out of the blue (actually it was a black Jeep), just like old times. I told him I was just thinking of him a few days ago, how he used to call sometimes, and it had been so long.

      Delete
  2. nice randomness! Wanna piece of the pie...glad you saw some smiles on faces, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To see the smiles and hear the laughter was a great relief. It has been a long, long, road.

      Come on over! The pie is waiting.

      Delete