Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hey, Hey! We're the Monkeys!

It's time to get Little Mr. Poopy-Face off the top of my blog list. He is quite adorable, if one can get past the fact that his face is NOT covered in chocolate... On to some more cute faces, clean ones this time.

Last summer I was invited to a baby shower. I didn't know the mom well, but I deter- mined there was a reason for her gesture at friendship. I bought a pack of diapers, maybe some baby wipes, and a cute little stuffed monkey. Months later I found out the monkey had been dubbed "Lucy" and was the baby's constant companion.

At Christmas time a stuffed monkey showed up under the tree with Jakie's name on it. (I wonder who put that there?) "Monkey" has been well loved ever since. We learned that the long skinny arms and legs of monkeys are great for tiny baby hands and tiny folks are ever so happy when their little fingers are wrapped around something soft and warm, like monkey legs. Jake was immediately "attached" to his new friend too.

In May, we had a baby shower for my cousin Heather. She lives far away and we were told it would be best to shower her with gift cards or money. I thought they said "Monkey"... (haha) and bought another one. "George" did a fine job of holding the pile of cards at Heather's shower, thanks to a couple of velcro circles attached to the top card.  He now makes his home in Vancouver, BC. His baby will arrive in late summer.

A few weeks ago I packed a box for my newest grandson. "Austin Texas Wilbur" (not necess- arily his real name...)  will make his appearance in mid August, my first out-of-state grandchild. I decided if Grammy couldn't be close by, she should at least make sure he is supplied with a monkey friend. I packed a few extra velcro circles in the box, just in case he wants to try climbing the bedroom walls.

Today I gave away my first pair of monkeys; one pink and one brown. They will keep a sweet pair of twins company in mid-September. Their mommy was smiling as she took the bag and so were the monkeys.

That's a lot of Monkey Business!

8 comments:

  1. I love those monkeys. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought a purple one yet... Not sure I like the purple one, but I do have a couple more natural colored ones upstairs. I wonder whose baby will need a monkey next?

      Delete
    2. They are fun. I still have one or two upstairs.

      Delete
  2. Honestly Martha...you write the sweetest posts...
    I love coming over here...
    Those Monkeys are a great idea, and look at all the little people you have made happy!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    go for a walk tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Sometimes I honestly think I may never have grown up. :)

      I like to think those monkeys are making lots of people happy. I know they make me smile.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey, hey, hey! (Oh wait... That's a different TV show, isn't it?)

      Delete
  4. hey hey hey its the fat monkeys

    ReplyDelete