Friday, September 28, 2012

Sweet September

Three years today. Time has flown away too, and we're all that closer to the Great Reunion. I still find it hard to believe we are living life without him, but then again perhaps, in very many ways, we really aren't...

Don't our parents, in some small way, live on inside of us? It isn't just the cells that gave us life way back in the beginning, but the living of life together; the raising, teaching, and loving. Their ways are passed, in little ways, through us to our children and grandchildren after us. We talk like them, walk like them and very often think like them too. I hear my father's voice in my mind, "Hey, Marda," he says, and then I feel his hand around my shoulder as he gives me a hug, and I smile. The encouraging words he spoke so long ago still resonate, and I still long to love others like he did.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are right, Martha. He certainly was a wonderful man of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I think it is wonderful that you have so many pictures for him with your kids. I don't have very many. It makes me sad.

    He would call me Zsa Zsa when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have many either, Priscilla, but I'm grateful that I got a picture of him and mom with the boys just 3 months before his passing.

    I remember him calling you Zsa Zsa...can still hear him saying it. He often called me Rachie.

    He was the best dad ever!

    ReplyDelete